Avg Error 0xe0010002 is an error that appears while uninstalling the AVG Antivirus. This may cause an unexpected shutdown of Windows or abnormalities with its behavior.
On getting the Error 0xe0010002, an error message “Event exec_finished” may appear on your screen. Besides, you may also notice that Windows is freezing, responding slow and rebooting itself as well.
Reasons behind Avg Error Code 0xe0010002
Before moving on to the solutions, let’s take a quick look into some of the reasons that are responsible for Avg Error Code 0xe0010002. Here we have listed some of the probable reasons for this error code.
- Crashing of Active Program Window
- Frequent System freeze
- Sluggish Windows
- Frequent Reboots on its own
Solutions for AVG Error Code 0xe0010002
We recommend you to follow the solutions given below to troubleshoot the Avg error code 0xe0010002 easily. Make sure to try each of them and check if the problem gets resolved or not.
Solution 1: Repair Registry
Make sure to perform this fix cautiously as any mistake can hamper your Operating System. Here are the steps you need to follow to create a backup file for Avg Antivirus related entry.
- Go to Start and then search for Command. Do not press the Enter key.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together and click on “Yes” once prompted for permission. Type “regedit” and then press the Enter button.
- Choose the key related to Error 0xe0010002 required for backup and then click on the Export option located within the File menu.
- Within the “Save in” list, choose the location where you want to save the backup key for AVG antivirus.
- Provide a name to the backup file and then click on “Selected branch” located in the “Export Range” menu.
- Click on Save and that’s it! The backup file of AVG antivirus related registry entry is formed successfully.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall AVG Antivirus
If the problem persists you can try to uninstall and then reinstall the AVG antivirus for an easy fix to this error. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Start and then right-click on it. This will launch the Start Context menu. Click on Program and Features and then look for programs related to AVG Error 0xe0010002.
- Once you find them, make sure to click on them and then on “Uninstall/Change”. Follow the directions appearing on the screen for a succesful uninstallation. Reinstall the AVG antivirus from its official website.
Solution 3: Use Windows System Restore
As we all know, through Windows System restore, we can take back the system to a time where it was working correctly. To do so, follow the steps given.
- Go to Start and then search for System Restore. After that, press the Enter button.
- Click on “System Restore” and provide Administrator passwords. Follow the steps on Wizard and then select a restore point. Now, restore your system.
Solution 4: Perform a Disk Cleanup
With time, a large amount of junk and temporary files may accumulate on the system and thus it is important to perform a Disk cleanup to get rid of them. Here is how you can do so:
- Go to Start and then search for ‘command’ within the search box. Do not press the Enter button.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter and click on Yes, once prompted.
- Type “regedit” and then hit the Enter button. On doing so, the disk cleanup will calculate the storage you can free up.
- Besides, you can also get rid of the junk files by categories or just select the “Temporary files” option.
- To delete junk files category wise, checkmark the category box which you want to clean and then press Ok.
- So, this was the complete process for disk cleanup.
Solution 5: Run a Malware Scan
Malware can be another reason why you are suffering from this error and thus it is highly recommended to run a malware scan to get rid of it. You can do it either by any third party antimalware tool or just by using the inbuilt Windows Defender. Here is how you can run a malware scan using Windows Defender.
- Go to Start and then select Settings. Within Settings, click on Update and Security and then on Windows Defender.
- Choose the Open Windows Defender Security Center option and then click on Virus & threat protection> Advanced scan.
- The entire process will take about 15 minutes and after that, the system will restart.
So, these were some of the solutions to get rid of AVG uninstall error 0xe0010002. Please let us know whether these solutions were helpful for you or not. Also, inform us of your queries in the comment section below.