Even if BitDefender is recommended by many antivirus users, but it doesn’t guarantee an error-free software. As you get to enjoy many of its vast features, any technical fault can generate BitDefender error on shutdown or during system restart. At times, it’s issues with setup files of BitDefender antivirus software that can cause this error. Also, there can be a problem with Threat Scanner.dmp file that can generate issues in your PC.
So, if you are facing any error with BitDefender and looking for troubleshooting steps, follow the solutions covered in this article. You will also get to know the various forms of errors that you can experience while using BitDefender antivirus program in your PC.
How To Troubleshoot Issues Causing BitDefender Error On Shutdown Or Device Startup?
Irrespective of whether you are getting the BitDefender error on shutdown or during restart, some technical fixes are there to troubleshoot this problem. But before checking out the solution, you must know some common symptoms and the causes BitDefender error.
Look For Symptoms In BitDefender That Hints An Error
- You receive notifications regarding some error and it suddenly crashes the window you are currently working on.
- BitDefender program stops abruptly just when you try to open or run a scan.
- Your keyboard and mouse freezes and Windows turns unresponsive or extremely slow.
- You start receiving notification on BitDefender Threat Scanner issue on your screen.
- Suddenly the files in temp folder appear to be corrupted or damaged (for eg. sdav.dll file)
- You are getting error messages during Windows shutdown, startup or even when the system installs/updates OS.
- After upgrading your OS you can get Bitdefender error on shutdown Windows 10 device.
Reasons You Can Get BitDefender Error In Your PC
- The installed BitDefender program is incomplete, damaged or corrupted.
- Windows registry entries are corrupted following a recent installation/ uninstallation of this antivirus software.
- There are bugs, virus or malware issues in your PC that have corrupted BitDefender related files.
- A third-party software or malicious program has removed some important components of this antivirus.
Some Common BitDefender Problems And Solutions To Fix Them
Check out the errors that can arise due to issues in the BitDefender software in your PC.
1. Inability To Access Secured Sites And Apps Due To Scan SSL option in BitDefender.
If the scan SSL feature is turned on in antivirus settings, it can prevent you from accessing certain websites and applications due to the authentication problems with SSL certifications.
To fix this problem click on ‘features’ and then go to ‘web protection’. Select ‘settings’ and choose ‘scan SSL’ to disable this option right away. In older BitDefender versions, you can apply this method by clicking on ‘settings’ and then ‘privacy control’. Select ‘antiphishing’ and then disable the option of ‘scan SSL’.
2. After BitDefender Installation, Your PC Refuses To Boot
If you are getting errors due to installing a corrupt antivirus, then the only solution is to remove the old on and install new copy.
You can fix this problem by restarting your PC in Safe Mode. Then go to ‘Control Panel’ and locate BitDefender icon from the list of programs. After this, right-click on the antivirus symbol and select Change/Uninstall to remove this software.
To reinstall BitDefender, visit the website and download the product. Make sure to install the version that is compatible with your OS. Reboot your PC to save the installation and check if it can resolve the error.
3. Issues Regarding BitDefender Firewall Activation
When you activate the BitDefender firewall, it protects your PC very strongly. However, there are times when this option can’t be enabled in your system. So, if you are getting this error due to a lack of Base Filtering Engine (BFE), you must locate the service engine and make sure that it is active.
To do this, open My computer. Right-click in a empty area and choose ‘manage’ and find ‘services’ and select applications’. Here you can see the ‘Base Filtering Engine’ properties window. Also, you can view the ‘Service Status’ of the BFE service. You must ensure that the active status of this service engine is ‘running’ and click ok to save these changes.
If you are unable to modify BFE settings due to access denied error messages, follow this alternate method to activate the BitDefender firewall. So, open the Run box by hitting both Windows and R keys simultaneously. Then type ‘regedit’ in the box and navigate to the following path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE\”.
Here, right-clicking on the BFE key and view the permissions. There, click on ‘add’, type ‘everyone’ and hit ‘ok’ button. However, you must ensure that the option ‘allow full control’ beside ‘everyone’ list is checked. To save these changes, click ‘OK and reboot your PC.
As soon as the device restarts, check and verify the ‘service status’ from ‘manage’ option under ‘my computer’. In case the BitDefender error still appears in some form on your computer, use technical tools to repair BFE file and fix this antivirus problem.
This article may have helped you to understand the type of BitDefender errors you can experience during shutting down or restarting your computer. You have also become aware of issues including SSL certification error, incorrect software installation, and a few more errors. So, if you are facing any of these above BitDefender problems, you can apply the solutions discussed in this article to fix them. Otherwise, you can reach us to remove BitDefender error from your PC.