McAfee is a reliable security application that helps to secure data stored on your computer, phone and other devices from external threats. Its main benefit is that it minimizes the bandwidth storage. McAfee protects your information from malicious malware, trojans, and adware. When you install it for a trial period, you may want to uninstall it after the free session is over. But it may not be hassle-free for you to uninstall McAfee. As a result, you can possibly come across an uninstallation error. Therefore, you can refer to this article to know how to disable McAfee on your device easily.
Significant Problems While Disabling McAfee
- A third-party software can be a crucial factor that can prevent you from uninstalling McAfee.
- The Firewall settings on your PC can interfere with the uninstallation process.
- You can get the uninstallation error if the existing version of Windows does not support your McAfee software.
- If you have not made a proper installation of McAfee, it will be quiet tough for you to remove it from your device.
- If harmful programs or malware is present on your device, it tends to corrupt Registry entries. Later on, these entries can restrict you from disabling McAfee.
- Lastly, an inadequate uninstallation of a program can leave behind traces of its files and folders on your device. Afterward, they conflict with McAfee and forbid your system from uninstalling it.
How To Disable McAfee Windows 10?
- Go to the homepage of McAfee and select ‘My Account.’ Use the email address that you have linked with your account and log into your account. Also, enter the password which you have created while first signing in to your McAfee account.
- Go to ‘My Computer’ and find the list of computers that are connected to your McAfee account. Select your computer and as you select ‘Delete’, a confirmation window appears. Confirm the deactivation process to deactivate your account from your computer.
- If you are a Windows 7, 8, or Vista user, open ‘Settings’ and go to the ‘Control Panel.’ Use uninstall wizard and follow the guidelines for disabling your McAfee account. Click ‘Apps and Features’ under ‘Security’, select McAfee Internet Security and uninstall it.
Easy Ways For How To Disable McAfee On Mac
- Log into your McAfee account and select your device from the list of devices. Now, select ‘Delete’ to deactivate your account from your Mac device.
- A new window appears where you need to confirm for deactivating the license of that device. After deactivating the license successfully, you can use it on another computer or device.
- Once you open the Application folder, you will find the list of applications installed on your Mac. In case you are unable to find the ‘Application’ menu, search for it in the Finder Window.
- Run McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller and follow the instructions it displays on your Mac’s screen. Now, you require to enter the admin password to ensure that you have authority to disable McAfee. Click ‘Finish’ and reboot your Mac to confirm that you have deleted your account correctly.
Get 24*7 Specialized Assistance For Disabling McAfee
If the solutions mentioned in the article fail to resolve the issue, you can connect with our McAfee Customer Service. We have highly experienced professionals who will help you understand how to disable McAfee safely from your device. They are also capable of resolving other McAfee associated issues.
Hence, you can approach us if you come across any of such other problems in the future. To register your problem, call us at our Antivirus Support Number +1-855-589-4554. You can compile your queries and drop us an email at our official email ID [email protected] For further assistance, chat with our experts in real time and remove all your doubts.