Quick Heal update error 1002 appears while downloading the wrong file or updating the software. As a result, the update process stops and after some time the system will be slowed down.
Moreover, a poor internet connection is also responsible for this error to pop up on the screen.
Other reasons include enabled Windows Firewall, Corrupted Windows Registry file or system file, an incomplete installation process of an Operating System, Missing the Quick Heal antivirus software, malware or viruses attack, an outdated version of the Driver, incorrect internet settings.
Hence, resolve the error and make the antivirus run correctly.
How to Fix Quick Heal Update Error 1002?
If you are unable to update quick heal error code 1002, then here are the procedures that you can apply to get rid of this annoying situation.
Technique 1 – Change the DNS
Incorrect network settings can cause this update error on the system. So, you need to correct the DNS by following these steps:
- Open the Run box, type ncpa.cpl. Then, hit the Enter button or click on the OK option to open the Internet Connections window.
- On the Internet Connections window, right-click on the Active Network Adapter and choose the Properties button.
- When the Properties window opens, find the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and double-click on it.
- From the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) properties window, click on the Obtain an IP address automatically button.
- Click on the ‘Use the following DNS server address’ option. After that, enter the following address such as the Preferred DNS server is 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS server 220.127.116.11.
- After that, click on the OK button to save it.
Technique 2 – Install the Latest Version of the Operating System
If you are using an older version of the Operating System then you might be unable to update the Quick Heal antivirus software. As a result, this error code appears on the screen. So, it is important to keep the system up to date.
To update the system, follow these instructions.
- Press the Start button and select the Settings option.
- Go to the Update & Security section and click on the Update tab located on the left panel.
- From the Update tab, click on the Check for updates button to check if the update is there or not.
- If you get any updates, then click on the Update option.
- Once the process is finished, restart your Windows 10 system and then check if the problem is gone or not.
Technique 3 – Update all the Device Driver
In order to get rid of the Quick Heal update error 1002, it is important to keep the driver up to date. Hence, perform the following.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- From the Device Manager window, locate the driver with a yellow mark and then right-click on it.
- After that, select the Update Software Driver button.
- Once the update process is done, reboot your computer and then try to update the Quick Heal antivirus software. If you find this error again, then try to move to the next one.
Technique 4 – Turn Off the Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall can also restrict the Quick Heal antivirus software from updating. Before updating it, you must disable the Windows Firewall feature from the device.
- Go to the Control Panel and select the Windows Firewall section.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on the Turn Windows Firewall on and off option on the left panel.
- Click on the Turn off Windows Firewall(Recommended) option from both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections. After that, click on the Save option.
- Once you are done, restart your system and try to update the Quick Heal antivirus software to check if the error still appears or not.
Technique 5 – Remove the Quick Heal Antivirus Software and Install it Again
If the Quick Heal antivirus file is missing or accidentally deleted from the system, then you might encounter this error code. So, you have to uninstall it and then reinstall it. Hence,
- Open the Control Panel window and go to the Programs & Features section.
- Scroll down the page until you find the Quick Heal security software, select it. Here, you will get the Uninstall button, click on it.
- After uninstalling this, reboot your computer and then reinstall it again.
- Go to the official website of the Quick Heal antivirus software and search for the latest version of the Quick Heal software.
- Download the latest version of the Quick Heal antivirus software and then install it properly.
- Once the installation process is completed, restart the device and then check if the error still appears or not.
Technique 6 – Perform the System Restore
Performing the System Restore can help you to get rid of the Quick Heal update error 1002 on the system.
- Type System Restore in the Search box and then press the Enter key.
- On the System Restore window, click on the Next option.
- In the Next window, select the restore point that you want and then click on the Next button.
- From the next window, you can check all the details and then click on the Finish option. Now the restore process has started.
- After finishing it, reboot your PC.
Technique 7 – Remove the Temporary File or Junk File
Another effective technique is to remove the temporary file or junk file from the system. So, if you do not know how to do that then follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Home and R key to open the Run box.
- Type %temp% and then click on the OK option or press the Enter button.
- From the Temporary folder, select all the files and delete them.
Technique 8 – Run the System File Checker Tool
The System File Checker tool is an inbuilt tool for Windows. By using this tool, you can quickly repair the system file properly. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Home key and the X button to launch the WinX menu list and select the Command Prompt.
- From the Command Prompt window, type SFC/scannow command and then press the Enter key.
- Wait for some time until the process completes. After finishing this process, reboot the device and then check if the error still persists or not.
Hopefully applying these techniques in a proper way will help you to fix Quick Heal update error 1002 without any hassle.