Norton antivirus works efficiently in removing all spyware, trojans, and malware from the device. By doing this, it helps to protect the device from unwanted virus attacks.
But sometimes, you can face issues at the time of installing the Norton products. And when you will face issues while installing, you will be notified with the “Norton error 8506 and 421” on the screen.
If any Symantec related antivirus software will run while installing the Norton application, you will confront this error. Besides, downloading a corrupted version of Norton can lead you to this error.
Moreover, if the registry keys in the Windows system are corrupted, this error can trigger up. So, if you are encountering this error on Windows 7, it is suggested to move to the next section to get a proper fix.
Methods to Fix “Norton 360 Error 8506 and 421 Windows 7”:
If you want to fix the installation error from Norton, imply the methods as it is instructed.
Method 1: Repair the Registry Entries
For the default registry keys in the windows system, you can get issues while installing the Norton application. So, repair it at the earliest to fix the error.
How to Backup the Norton 360 File?
To repair the registry entries in Windows 7, first take a backup of the portion which is related to the error. Hence, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Start button. From there go to the “Start” search box.
- Go to the Start Search box and write “Command” in it. Now, hold the Ctrl and Shift keys together.
- Press the “Enter” button next. Tap on the “Yes” button next in the permission box.
- Write “Regedit” on the next screen and then select up to those that you want to backup.
- Go to the “File” menu and then tap on the “export” button.
- Tap the “Save in” button to save the “Norton 360 backup”.
- Go to the “Selected Branch”: sections and tap on the “Save’ button to save the file in the `.Reg File Extension”.
After taking a backup, you need to know how to repair those files so that you can get back to installing the Norton Product. To do that, move to the next section.
How to Repair the Registry entries in Windows 7
If the registry gets corrupted or for failed uninstallation of the Norton application, you can use the System Restore tool so that you can get back to installing the application. To run the system restore tool, do the following steps:
- Go to the Start Button. From there go to the Search box.
- In the search box, write “System Restore. Then, hit the “Enter” button next.
- In the System Restore window, tap on the “Show more restore point” option.
- Next, click on the “Scan for affected programs” button. This will show the list of programs and drivers that will get removed after restoring.
- Then, tap on the Next button and then click on “Finish” button to start the restore process.
It might take a while to finish the restoring process. After the process is over, restart the device and check if you have resolved the error. If not, it is suggested to move to the next method.
Method 2: Remove the Junk Files
If you have not cleared the junk files for along time, it might conflict with the Norton application. As a result, you won’t be able to install the Norton product.
In that case, remove the junk files from the device, and to do that, run the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows 7 system. And to run the disk cleanup tool, do the following:
- Go to the Start Button. From there, tap on the “Start” Search box.
- Write “Command Prompt”in the search box. Hold the “Ctrl” and “Shift” keys together.
- Next, Tap in the “Enter” button next. Then, click on the “Yes” button next when you will get the permission dialog box.
- In the Command Prompt Window, write “cleanmgr”. Now, hit the Enter button next to run the command.
- Now the Disk Cleanup tool will detect the space that is occupied by the junk files.
- Choose the boxes that you want to remove. Then, tap on the “Ok” button next.
After running the disk cleanup tool, you will be able to remove all the junk files from the device. Now, clearing out all the junk files, check if you can fix the installation error from Norton 360. If not, then proceed to the next solution.
Method 3: Update the Drivers
If you have not updated the driver for a long time, you can encounter this error. Besides, for the corrupted drivers, you can lead to the installation error in the Norton Application. In that case, update the driver in Windows 7. To do that,
- Go to the Start button. From there, tap on the “Control Panel” option.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the Hardware & Devices section.
- Next, move to the “Device Manager” window. Now, choose the driver that you want to update.
- Right-click on it and choose the “Update Driver” option from the drop-down menu.
After updating the drivers, you will get the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option on the screen. Windows system will help you to search for the appropriate driver that is compatible with the Windows system.
Or even after using the above methods did not help you to fix the error, then you can use the Norton Remove and Install Tool.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How Will I fix the Norton 360 Error in Windows 10?
The easiest solution to get rid of the Norton 8506 and 421 is by using the Norton Fix tool. In most of the cases, you will get this error for a failed installation. You can also use the Norton remove and reinstall tool to get rid of it. Or fix the Norton proxy settings so that you can get back to install the Norton products.
- What are the solutions to fix the Norton internet security error 8506 and 421?
If you are confronting this error, we would suggest you upgrade the Windows 10. Uninstall the other antivirus software from the device, because it can conflict with the Norton Products. As a result, you will get this error.