Malwarebytes error 1068 is the error that occurs when the Windows Operating System becomes corrupted. Hence, the current program does not respond correctly and, as a result, the system crashes and freezes frequently.
You will notice this error with a message stating “An error has occurred. Please report this issue to our support team (include the content of all error message(S) and code(S) in your submission). PROGRAM_ERROR_PROTECTION_MODULE (1068,0, ProtectionEnable). The dependency service or group failed to start.”
Also, if the Malwarebytes file is corrupted then you might encounter this error. Sometimes, the Windows Firewall can lead to this error. Other responsible factors include malware infection, registry errors, and hardware problems.
Proven Procedures to Resolve Malwarebytes Error 1068:
Eliminate the Malwarebytes error code 1068 from the system with the effective procedures that are stated below.
Procedure 1 – Reinstall the Malwarebytes Software
The corrupted file can result in Malwarebytes error code 1068. So, you can remove the Malwarebytes and then install it again. To reinstall it, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Home key and select the Control Panel option.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Programs & Features section.
- Find the Malwarebytes software, click on it. After that, select the Uninstall button.
- Once the removing process is completed, reboot your computer and then again install it correctly.
- So, go to the official website of the Malwarebytes and install the latest version of the Malwarebytes software.
- After completing the installation process, restart your device and then check if the error still shows up or not.
Procedure 2 – Disable the Windows Firewall
If the Windows Firewall is enabled then you may encounter this error from your system. So, you can disable this feature by following these steps cited below:
- Right-click on the Start button and choose the Control Panel.
- Go to the Windows Firewall section and click on the Turn Windows Firewall on and off option on the left panel.
- Mark on the Turn Off Windows Firewall (Recommended) from both Public Network Setting and Private Network Settings sections. After that, click on the Save option to save the changes.
Procedure 3 – Install the Graphics Card Driver
Faulty and corrupted graphics card driver can trigger Malwarebytes error 1068. So, you must keep the driver up to date.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- Locate the Display Adapters and select it to expand it.
- After that, right-click on the Graphics Card driver and select the Update Software Driver option to start the update process.
- Once the update process is done, reboot the system and then check if the error is resolved or not.
Procedure 4 – Perform the System Restore
Sometimes, system restore can also help you resolve the annoying error instantly. Here are the performing steps.
- Go to the Search box, type System Restore and press the Enter button.
- When the System Restore window opens, click on the Next option.
- In the Next window, choose the restore point and then click on the Next option.
- Check all the information and then click on the Finish option. Once this process is finished, restart the device and then check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Procedure 5 – Reinstall Runtime Libraries
If the Microsoft Visual C++ package is not installed properly then you might encounter the Malwarebytes error code 1068 on the system. So, reinstall it correctly. In order to resolve this error, perform these steps.
- Go to the Control Panel and select the Programs & Features section.
- On the Programs & Features window, find the Microsoft Visual C++ application and select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button.
- Once the uninstallation process is done, restart the device and then install it again.
- Visit the official website of Microsoft and look for the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ application and then install it correctly.
- Once the installation process is completed, reboot your computer and then check if the error still appears or not.
Procedure 6 – Close the Conflicting Programs
Sometimes, the error might appear when the programs are conflicting with each other. So, you need to close the conflicting programs. Therefore, perform the following.
- Press the Ctrl +Shift + Esc buttons together to launch the Task Manager window.
- From the Task Manager window, move to the Processor tab and select all the programs one by one and then click on the End Task option.
- After performing all these steps, reboot the device correctly.
Procedure 7 – Update the Operating System
If none of the procedures work out for you, then update the Operating System. Sometimes, updating the system can eliminate this error code from the device. To do so,
- Open the Settings window.
- Go to the Update & Security section and select the Update tab.
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- After that, click on the Update button to start the update process.
- Once the task is done, restart your system and then check if the issue is still there or not.
Hopefully, these are the procedures that you can try on your PC to get rid of the Malwarebytes error 1068.