Whenever we find any bugs, malware and other unwanted junk files on our system, we search for strong antivirus software that can protect our system. Cybercrimes are increasing day by day and that is why installing an antivirus is essential.
When we have to select antivirus software, most of us prefer Avast antivirus software. But as every technology has some flaws, avast antivirus has a few. You can find an avast unexpected error while using this software. Mainly you can find this issue on Windows 8. 8.1 and 10.
Causes For Avast Unexpected Error on the Server
While installing the latest version of Avast product and trying to switch from the trial version to the licensed one, you find an avast unexpected error on the server. For various reasons, you can find this error message. You must be aware of the important reasons discussed below.
- When the blue screen of death occurs you will get an avast unexpected error.
- While working on the start menu on windows 10, sometimes Cortana unable to respond and you get this error message.
- While avast secure DNS fails to work this error message pops up.
How To Resolve Avast Unexpected Error on Your Own?
Whenever you find this error message, do not panic. Fortunately, some easy and effective solutions are available that can help you to fix this error. Go through the below-mentioned methods and get an error-free software.
1. Recover Copy of Your Licence
While performing the activation process, if you find any issue with your license file or activation code then you can fix that error by recovering a copy of the avast website. Try to omit all the issues related to your license. This process will erase the unexpected error.
2. Reinstall Your Antivirus
If you want an instant solution for this error then uninstall your antivirus software and reinstall it. Check out the below-mentioned steps.
- First, identify the product you are using.
- Save all the open files that you are working on.
- Disconnect your system from the internet.
- Now get access to the tray icons area and right-click on the Avast icon.
- From the Avast shields control, hit the ‘Disable permanently’ option.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button once the warning message pops up.
- Now press the Windows +I keys together and access Windows settings.
- Choose the Apps category and complete the uninstallation process by on-screen instructions.
3. Use Safe Mode and Fix Cortana Issue
Try to boot your system into safe mode with networking and try to fix this error. You have to follow the below-mentioned instructions to do so.
- From your keyboard press, the Windows and R keys together and get the Run window box.
- Now type in the box ‘msconfig’ and click on OK.
- Once you see the system configuration window, go to the boot tab.
- Select the option safe boot and let the process begins.
- After the process completes, reboot your system
- Finally, restart your system and turn it on in the regular mode.
- Now the unexpected error will be removed from the Start menu and Cortana.
4. Upgrade Avast Installing Anniversary Update
To apply this method you must have the latest and compatible version of avast software. So, go to settings then click on the ‘Update’ option. Download and install the current update if available. Follow the online instructions and complete the installation process of the downloaded file.
5. Run An SFC Scan
By running an SFC scan, you can try and fix all the corrupted or missing files. This is one of the quickest processes that can provide you an instant solution. Check out the below-mentioned steps to run an SFC scan.
- Press the Windows button
- Right-click on the start menu and choose ‘Command Prompt as Admin.’
- Type in the command sfc/scannow and press ‘Enter.’
- Once the process completes, check the issue.
- Now you can get access to Avast.
Most likely this article helped you get the answers if you were looking for solutions on Avast Unexpected Error. If this post is helpful for you then keep following our website for further details.