There are many antivirus software are available in the market, but Avast is one of the leading brands among them. It works on almost every machine with advanced mechanism tools and programming in order to provide the best virus protection. Basically, this security software works both like an antivirus and anti spyware. In addition, it can also help you protect the login details from hackers to ensure online security. However, even the best of the antiviruses can have some glitches. Often users complained that their Avast slowing down internet. Go through this write up to know about the details fixes quickly.
Moreover, it offers two paid premium versions that are better than the free version but still not among the best-paid antiviruses. You should not avoid Avast free antivirus software because as soon as you install them they will help you to remove the virus from the system.
Avast has an essential security component which is used as a shield. Further, it controls the network activity, which results in Avast slowing down internet speed. In most of the cases, the difference is imperceptible. However, in some cases, the variation is extreme. The Internet speed testing advanced tools are inaccurate sometimes.
Reasons Behind Avast Slowing Down Internet Speed
There can be many reasons behind the issue. Often, the high-speed connections of more than 20 Mbps, go down under these circumstances:
- In case, if the internet speed of the Input-Output device is 30 Mbps, web shield go down or slows down the process of loading the web page. This is because of the active scanning procedures. The I/O speed of the hard drive oftentimes may get doubled of the original.
- There may be another reason behind the issue is that sometimes the particular connection type is conflicting with the Avast program, this may also cause the issue.
- Again, some Wi-Fi routers have default system configuration that makes different packet types. This is basically another reason why Avast slowing down internet Connection.
Solutions Regarding Avast Slowing Down Internet
You can easily find a way to get rid of the issue. Have a look at the steps in order to get rid of the issue.
- Go to the settings and visit elements inside the Avast interface.
- Then, go to the customise option of web shield and choose the option
Follow the alternative settings to as follows.
- Inside the main setting, you can untick the use the stream of intelligent scanning. This procedure is basically used to improve the speed of the internet.
- Again visit the main settings panel and inside it, you have to disable the scanning procedure of HTTPS.
- Now, in the File directory shield, scan all the component that have already downloaded to your system. In this case, you can see that your internet speed upgraded.
- After increasing the speed you can move to the sensitivity section and after that turn off the toggle of the Heuristic sensitivity.
If you perform the steps properly then you can easily able to boost up your internet connection.
Apart from that, you can also follow the steps to get rid of the issue.
Before directly connecting to the internet service provider first take a look at the router configuration and see if that help you or not. Apart from that, you can also check whether the other systems also have the same issue or not.
Sometimes, we can see that if the Ethernet port is not working correctly then also the Avast slowing down internet Connection issue may occur.
Apart from that, if there is any other antivirus software present in your system then sometimes it conflicts with another one. So, the best solution is to delete any one of them. To uninstall the software you can follow the methods.
- Choose the application from your system home screen and click on the applications.
- Now, go down the list till you get the application that you want to remove and select the application.
- Finally, click on the uninstall option.
Corrupted Antivirus Software
If the antivirus software that you are currently using is corrupted by any virus, then the antivirus is unable to remove the viruses from the machine and it causes the Avast slowing down internet speed issue. In order to get rid of the issue, you can simply uninstall the application and then install it again.
Generally, browsers are made with a list of trusted certificate providers (like DigiCert). For some websites, the certificate providers are not on the SSL list. Here, in this scenario, the browser will generate an error message that ‘Not Secure’. So the solution does not tap on any unknown link. Before doing anything must check the authority certificate.
Check The Firewall Protection Level
Before visiting any website, check the following settings.
Off Mode- This is basically the default settings mode. Here, no security feature is present so as a result threat level is also high.
Low Mode- Low security but high risk. In this particular scenario, there are no restricted services.
Medium Mode- Basic mode or the configuration is safe, and the risk level is moderate. Here, the Port Forwarding will be blocked and some of the web services are restricted.
High Mode- In this case, the security is about 1005 and apart from that the configuration is also safe. Here, the Port Forwarding will be blocked and some of the web services are restricted.
If you read this article properly then you should be able to get rid of this issue with ease. Here, along with solutions we have mentioned the common reasons and the necessary precautions that you can follow to avoid the problem.